We provide expert diagnostic and procedural skills in the evaluation and treatment of conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract, gallbladder, liver, and pancreas. Our physicians and staff will work with you to assure that your medical condition is efficiently and effectively managed; we will communicate with your personal physician and/or surgeon regarding our findings and recommendations.
We hope this web site provides answers to any questions that you may have about our practice. Should you have additional questions, please feel free to ask. We want you to be completely satisfied with the medical care that you receive from Waldorf Endoscopy Center.
Our office switchboard is open from 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Please call during these hours for appointments, messages for your doctor, medication refills, or billing questions. If you call for prescription refills, please have your pharmacy number available. Our physician staff is always available for emergencies and may be contacted by calling our office phone numbers above or our answering service at 301-870-3322.
Patients are seen in our office by appointment only. If you need to be seen immediately, every effort will be made to accommodate you. When you schedule an appointment, it is helpful if you briefly describe your medical problem to the staff to allow for proper scheduling.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please contact us as soon as possible . Since we schedule our patients to keep waiting times to a minimum, please arrive on time for your appointment.
What To Bring To Your Appointment
If you have X-rays or laboratory test results that pertain to your medical problem, please bring them with you so that they may be reviewed at the time of your appointment. Please also remember to bring your insurance information with you.
If your insurance plan requires a written referral form, please bring it with you and give it to the receptionist. If you are unsure whether or not you need a referral, you may call your insurance company’s member services phone number (located on your insurance card).
Copayments and balances are collected at the time of your visit. We accept cash, personal checks, and VISA/MC for payment.
If you are a new patient, please arrive 15 minutes early as we have you complete both a registration form and medical history form, which may be downloaded from our website.
Prior to Your Procedure
- Complete the forms given to you by the physician’s office and bring them with you on the day of the procedure.
- Arrange for a driver, age 18 or older, to bring you to your appointment, remain in the office during your procedure, and take you home. Due to the nature of the medication you will receive, it is unsafe for you to drive for 24 hours. Your procedure will not be performed unless your driver remains in the facility.
- Follow the preparation instructions from your physician’s office.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight on the night before your procedure, unless you are instructed otherwise.
- Wear comfortable/loose fitting clothing and leave jewelry and valuables at home.
- You will be asked to sign a consent authorizing your physician to perform the procedure(s).
- A nurse will check your vital signs, take a brief medical history, and list medications you take.
- You will receive strong medication through intravenous injection (I.V.) to help you relax and minimize discomfort (conscious sedation).
- A nurse will review verbal and written discharge instructions with you and your driver.
- A nurse will call to check on how you are feeling within 24 hours after discharge.